Sunday 24 January 2010

clean speech

and speaking of phones, love this idea, that the phone can spot swear words in speech to text and replace them with a row of symbols. It reminded me of the story I was told by someone who was happily playing with his child's toy that translated text to speech, seeing how far he could go with typing in obscenities for the toy to declaim. He managed to get quite a few but there were some words that must have been deemed so foul by the designers that the toy would not even attempt to speak them out loud.

I am not sure whether I would want a piece of software to edit swearing out of speech, although on reflection, I can think of a few people I would like to nominate for permanent use of something similar, everytime they open their mouths.

1 comment:

  1. when no 1 daughter was 2 and a bit, some idiot ran into the back of my car.

    next day when mr w was at home, she was playing with toys and crashing them together with sound effects...

    "crash! oh fxcking hell. crash! oh fxcking shitbags"

    Beatific smile at mr w, then "mummy didn't like the crash"

    ReplyDelete