Friday 9 July 2010

young women on facebook

Taking time out from getting to grips with philosophies I read this on mashable.com It's a study of about 1605 young women, presumably in the USA, and their facebook habits. I was impressed that some young women manage to check facebook first thing in the morning before they have even gone to the bathroom.
None of the other highlights on mashable seemed particularly surprising. The article writers seemed disturbed that:

  • "42% think it’s okay to post photos of themselves intoxicated
  • 79% are fine with kissing in photos"
which all seems so normal now, and hardly worrying, as I have watched my nieces' exploits online for a while. I am glad that my own daughters did not have the ability to publish pictures of their teenage exploits, leading me to stay unaware of exactly what they were up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment